3C/4A

HeChangedMyName

What do you all use to hold your braid/twists outs? When I do mine, its like my hair always looks a mess when I unravel it and I end up wetting and just doing a WNG. This pic is my natural coil pattern, its like this type of hair refuses to submit. lol

Attachments

• IMG_3046.jpg
    IMG_3046.jpg
    474.9 KB · Views: 212
My hair texture is 3C/4A and my braid outs or twist outs only look good when I blow dry my hair... it sucks! Maybe my technique is off?

LOL yeah...i don't even bother doing them anymore....I normally just bun or blowdry when I wanna switch it up....

I have given up on twistouts. I do them on detangled hair, but they always result in the worst snarls for me.

I either wear my twists for a long time (a week or more) before wearing the twist out, or I use Elasta QP wrap foam.

I have to do mine on wet hair. I use conditioner and an oil (whatever one I feel like) and maybe some KCCC, but not all the time.

My braid-outs only work on stretched hair and then they look like hair that's been straightened and curled. I can't get the big fluffy look :/ it's either limp or undefined.

i get 5-7 days out my twistouts. i use darcys botanicals leave-in under afroveda whipped gelly or fantasia ic gel with sparkle-lites (clear). i have used oyin hair dew, komaza coconut curl/shea lotion under these as as well with good results. i never retwist, i simply stuff my hair under my bonnet. in the morning i fluff/shake and go. i have 3c/4a cottony hair that has strands of normal thickness but my entire head is dense overall. braidsouts don't last long, i think i would have to rebraid.

Have you tried using gel on wet hair? That's pretty much the only way I can get my hair to work with me regardless of the style I'm trying to achieve.

I have to use a light/medium hold gel on my hair whenever I do twist outs. My favorite is Kiss My Face Upper Management or Ecostyler Blue hold #5.

I don't wear twistouts, but I do them on my dds' hair.

I use loc and twist gel, or the light pink IC gel on damp hair. I get the best results if they sit under the dryer for 30-45 minutes after. Great definition.

Gel works well for me. I used Cantu Shea Butter one time and it worked good. I find that flat twists work better than than two strand.

I just realized this weekend that my hair hates gel. I can use a tiny bit on the ends, but I can't apply it all over.

My hair is in a twist out right now, and it's weird because my hair is soooo dense and full but everytime I twist out I end up looking like the crypt keeper. This aside, my twists out turned out nice today and I've even gotten several compliments. I have really good definition. I did my twist out with Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and a tiny bit of Ecostyler on the ends of each. I just got a trim two weeks ago so I had to put a skinny rod roller on the end of each to keep it from unraveling.

Next twist out, I'm gonna use Naptural85's twist method to see if it gives me more fullness because this time I single strand twisted them.

ETA: I twisted my hair damp, not sopping wet. Made a huge difference.

Last edited:
I have to do mine on wet hair and leave the twists in for a few days before I do a twistout. If I don't my twistout does not have the defined look that I like.

i forgot to add that i do them on wet hair and even though my ends curl, i put perm rods wrapped in end papers on the ends. if i did a twist out on dry hair i would do on stretched/blow-dried hair and use a foam that doesn't make the wet to the point that it would shrink up...maybe jane carters wrap & roll or the nubian heritage foam cause foam products have a light hold usually.in this case i would probably have to re-twist every few day and transform it into another style if needed.

i get 5-7 days out my twistouts. i use darcys botanicals leave-in under afroveda whipped gelly or fantasia ic gel with sparkle-lites (clear). i have used oyin hair dew, komaza coconut curl/shea lotion under these as as well with good results. i never retwist, i simply stuff my hair under my bonnet. in the morning i fluff/shake and go. i have 3c/4a cottony hair that has strands of normal thickness but my entire head is dense overall. braidsouts don't last long, i think i would have to rebraid.

Back