3 Product Reviews!

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
So today was wash day, and I was really excited because I just got a new shampoo, conditioner and deep conditioner. I just planned to use the poo and deep con today. I pre pood with ORS Hair Mayo mixed with an egg. Then I shampood with Optimum Oil Therapy Ultimate Recovery Shampoo. It was okay, lathered up good, smelled good, left my hair feeling clean. Then I dc'd with Garnier Fructis Fortifying Deep Conditioner. Put a bag on my head and left it on for an hour. Washed it out and my hair was HARD! I was kinda starting to panic, but I remembered my new conditioner, Optimum Care Stay Stron Conditioner. My hair was even harder! After my wash, I put in NTM leave in, Dove Mist, BB Oil Moisturizer and castor oil. My hair STILL feels like straw. Long story short, STAY AWAY! I'm traumatized :(

Last edited:
Stay away from which? Individually they probably work well but they were reacting against one another. Tiffers, did you follow directions? Product says 3-5 minutes, keep it 3 to 5. You mixed a lotta products from different makers.

The shampoo was cool. The conditioners SUCKED. The Garnier said to leave on for 3 to 5 minutes, but after 5 minutes passed, my hair still felt hard under the cap. So I left it in till my hair felt soft, which was an hour. My hair felt soft under the cap, but when I took it off, my hair was still hard. I followed Instructions for the Optimum Care conditioner, too. My hair has NEVER been this hard.

I think you used too many products, and they all sound like protein. And like Brooklyn said, they probably don't work well together. When this happens to me, I have to start from scratch. I clarify, then fall back on a staple combination that I know will work.

Another suggestion - when you try new products, use only one per wash. It also may be good to clairfy first.

HHG! :)

tiffers said:
So today was wash day, and I was really excited because I just got a new shampoo, conditioner and deep conditioner. I just planned to use the poo and deep con today. I pre pood with ORS Hair Mayo mixed with an egg. Then I shampood with Optimum Oil Therapy Ultimate Recovery Shampoo. It was okay, lathered up good, smelled good, left my hair feeling clean. Then I dc'd with Garnier Fructis Fortifying Deep Conditioner. Put a bag on my head and left it on for an hour. Washed it out and my hair was HARD! I was kinda starting to panic, but I remembered my new conditioner, Optimum Care Stay Stron Conditioner. My hair was even harder! After my wash, I put in NTM leave in, Dove Mist, BB Oil Moisturizer and castor oil. My hair STILL feels like straw. Long story short, STAY AWAY! I'm traumatized :(

I'd clarify tomorrow and then just use a conditioner that you are familiar with.. or you could try the optimum condish again. Maybe the Garnier had alot of proteins in it:confused: ... Sometimes its best to not mix so many products... Just clarify and start over, atleast that's what I'd do:look:

Thanks you guys! How would I know if these products had protein in them? My hair was soft until I used the Garnier deep conditioner. I think that may be the culprit. I'm throwin it out! BTW, Since the shampoo and Optimum Care conditioner are both made by Softsheen Carson, I thought it would be okay to use them together (?)

Last edited:
tiffers said:
Thanks you guys! How would I know if these products had protein in them? My hair was soft until I used the Garnier deep conditioner. I think that may be the culprit. I'm throwin it out! BTW, Since the shampoo and Optimum Care conditioner are both made by Softsheen Carson, I thought it would be okay to use them together (?)

Tiffers!!!!:spank: READ THE INGREDIENTS {look up different words/synonyms} for PROTEIN, on this board or elsewhere before you buy it!!! :kiss:

PS..... DON'T throw anything away, someone else may love it. Save your non-usables for MEET/GREET exchanges.

Last edited:
I didnt really care for the garnier conditioner either. It didnt make my hair feel moisturized enough. Im not a fan of their stuff period. The sleek n shine serum at first I liked it but then I realized it was too greasy and was drying my hair out.

loveable37 said:
I notice u used the MAYO MIX with a EGG tha did it righ there,:mad: it happened to me once.

I was gonna say the same thing. The ORS mixed with mayo left my hair REALLY dry and brittle so you have to have a really good moisturizing conditioner to combat the dryness from that stuff. Moisturize alot and you should be back to normal in no time. HHG

Back