2 and 3 strain knots and deshedding

leona2025

Ok I have been noticing that I am getting these knots in my hair where like 2 or 3 strains of hair gets tangled. Sometimes it's at the ends, but mostly I've seen them at the middle of the strains. The knots are pulled so tight that it's impossible to detangle and I end up cutting the strains. How do you prevent that? Also how do you know when you've got all the shedded hairs out? I noitce that some of my knots start from shedded hairs.

If you wear your hair loose, you might have to comb/detangle daily in order to get the sheds out.

I use a Denman, and that gets alllllll of my sheds out, full stop. Just combing doesn't do it, for me. I know that I've got almost all of my sheds out because when I comb/brush through my hair, I only see one or no hairs, rather than the 10-20 a stroke I'd see when I first started detangling.

If you wear your hair loose, you might have to comb/detangle daily in order to get the sheds out.

I use a Denman, and that gets alllllll of my sheds out, full stop. Just combing doesn't do it, for me. I know that I've got almost all of my sheds out because when I comb/brush through my hair, I only see one or no hairs, rather than the 10-20 a stroke I'd see when I first started detangling.
I combed and combed today and I think I got all the shedded hairs out, but it always makes me nervous,lol. I'm gonna purchase a Denman, but how do they compare to bristle brushes? They have plastic bristles right? How long does it take you to deshed?

I used to have those weird knots in my hair, I have to make sure that when I'm washing my hair, not to pile my hair on top of my head, I gently massage the shampoo into my hair in a gentle stroking method. I try to trim my ends a quarter of an inch every 8 weeks, I have the kind of hair where the ends always tie into a knot.

I combed and combed today and I think I got all the shedded hairs out, but it always makes me nervous,lol. I'm gonna purchase a Denman, but how do they compare to bristle brushes? They have plastic bristles right? How long does it take you to deshed?

It takes me about 45 minutes to fully detangle and deshed my hair. It's almost always taken about that long, even when my hair was much shorter, and it seems to actually be moving a little faster as my hair gets long enough to where I can actually see the tangles, so I'm hoping by the time I get to your length (lovely hair, by the by :lick:) it'll take me 20-30 minutes...

As far as Denman vs. Bristle - I honestly don't know. I haven't touched a bristle brush in years, and it took a healthy bit of convincing for me to try the Denman - but I love it :love3:. The plastic 'gives' so it doesn't snap my hair before I can 'feel' that I've hit a tangle.... it's a wonderful brush.

Back