1st Progress Pics Post EVER with a *Potential* Product Divorce

Adaj

:hiya:

This is my first progress post with pics! It's been 9 months since my BC, and I *think* I'm doing ok; I BC'ed in July 2010.

My only concern now is that I think I need to up my washes to weekly instead of biweekly. My scalp drives me crazy around the 5th day after a wash. Sometimes, I feel like ripping :pullhair:my scalp off cause it itches!!! I don't recall this nonsense when I was relaxed! Anyway, here's my regimen:

1. Wash every other Saturday with Shea Moisture Black Soap Shampoo
2. DC using heat: Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Condish :lick:
3. Moisturize with KCKT and seal with Almond or Olive Oil
4. Plait Hair for the night
5. Style on Sunday using Nature's Blessing on Scalp and Hair (style remains in hair for two weeks)

BIG CHOP:
IMAG0127.jpg

1-Month Post BC:
DSCF0012-1.jpg

8-Month Post:
IMAG0271.jpg

IMAG0267-1.jpg

Sorry for the bathroom pic. Ok--I really don't know if I should stop using my Nature's Blessings! I absolutely love that thing--the smell, the feel is all :lick::love3:. But, I think it's what's causing me to itch my scalp so much. I know a lot of you are opposed to using "grease" directly on the scalp, but for me, I believe there is no other way:hide:. I tried not applying it when I cornrow my hair, but my scalp looks SOOO dry, and I don't like it. I feel like washing my hair weekly would be so time consuming, especially since I have another head of hair (my dd) to take care of.

Well, just wanted to share my progess...can't wait to see where I am at my ONE YEAR NAPPIVERSARY :grin:

Nice progress....have you tried applying castor oil?

Oh, yes, forgot about Castor Oil! I use that, too, sometimes with my DC. But, I'm not sure if my hair likes it too much. I use on my DD, and I can feel the difference in her hair as far as thickness; but for me, the jury is still out :ohwell:.

Great progress. I love your cornrows. They look so fresh and neat.

I may trying doing cornrows on my hair one day. :look: :lol: - yeah right.

Great progress. I love your cornrows. They look so fresh and neat.

I may trying doing cornrows on my hair one day. :look: :lol: - yeah right.

Thank you! The mirror in my bathroom opens up on both sides (what's the proper term?), so it helps me out parting my hair straight. And you should definitely try! Practice makes perfect :yep:.

Thank you! The mirror in my bathroom opens up on both sides (what's the proper term?), so it helps me out parting my hair straight. And you should definitely try! Practice makes perfect :yep:.

Good progress, OP!

bolded - I need this in my life. Why can't I log onto LHCF without finding out about something to spend $$$ on? :lachen:

:look: Maybe I should know what that looks like but I can't picture it. Can you take a picture of your mirror? Sounds like something I would love to have. I may have to go on a hunt for one or make one.

I know I should practice. But just the thought of it makes me want to take a nap. :lol:

:look: Maybe I should know what that looks like but I can't picture it. Can you take a picture of your mirror? Sounds like something I would love to have. I may have to go on a hunt for one or make one.

I know I should practice. But just the thought of it makes me want to take a nap. :lol:

javascript:openimgpopup('http://www...ow_image.asp?pr=0&sku=FMM1101', '590', '590')
Mine is something like this. It sits above the sink, and it's also a cabinet...I believe it's called a trifold mirror.

Back