1 more inch may be all I can handle

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I'm very excited to be one inch away from my hair goal of 29 inches(and I might add a "gravy" inch for when I bump it under) & in this hair journey, I have discovered that more hair=more time & responsibility. I will continue to wear my protective styles mostly because I am used to it. When I let my hair down (like today) I see that I'm just not used to it. By no means would I cut it & it is nice to have these complaints:

*takes longer to comb down the entire hair shaft gently enough to not break hairs
*hairs get caught in purse strap
*hair gets caught in necklace
*hair gets caught in lip stick/gloss (this really gets on my nerves)
*must drive sitting erect so that my back doesn't touch the seat so as not to have my hair "trapped" between the two
laugh.gif

*when combing under the shower head, can't comb all the way down anymore

Keep growing your hair everyone--you'll make it to your goal! It will be fun when you get close & start "coasting" like I am now. And I'll let you all know how it feels to actually reach it
trampoline.gif
I have planned my next retouch for March 24th so I'm sure that I'll have my "results" by then.

It is also appropriate that I mention in this "special occassion" thread that I've also reached a place of contentment with my hair products.
kiss.gif
for you Deep Brilliance & Elucence products. You are my hair angels.

Until then--Happy Hair Growing.

Wow....

I am so looking forward to that day SG. My hair idol reaches goal...wowsers...

smile.gif

You better stick around and make sure all your disciples get there with you! Me included!
smile.gif

I REALLY want to try deep brilliance....really really...

That's awesome SG. Can't wait till I get there
smile.gif
. Here's to your hair success
cheers.gif
(that's soda BTW)
laugh.gif

PS. I feel ya on the lipgloss thingy
laugh.gif

I shouldnt even be in this thread, im no whre near my hair goal, but its good to know that you're a tad bit away from reaching it Supergirl
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
I'm very excited to be one inch away from my hair goal of 29 inches . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats on being so close to your goal! From what length did you start your journey?

Btw, beautiful hair.
smile.gif

Cary,

Here 's how I answer that question(what length I started at) My last "intentional" hair cut was in 1997--it was right above the shoulders/lower neck length. I haven't had an "intentional" hair cut sense then. BUT along the way--I have run into some Scissor Happy Hairstylists & I had about 4 "unintended" hair cuts from 1999 to 2002.

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
*hair gets caught in lip stick/gloss (this really gets on my nerves)

[/ QUOTE ]i hate that too!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
*must drive sitting erect so that my back doesn't touch the seat so as not to have my hair "trapped" between the two
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Congratulations!

If I happen to have my hair down (which isn't very often), and I have to drive, I always (and I mean always) use a hair clip to pull my hair up while driving. Girl, there's no way I could sit erect while driving.
laugh.gif

Supergirl,

Congrats on the new inch you achieved!!!! I just want to say about the car seat, I bought some satin that is draped over the back part of my car seat so that I do not have to worry about my hair rubbing against the car seat it self. It has been working out great for me.

It's good to hear your progress report.
smile.gif

Thanks for sharing your list of pitfalls for lengthy hair. I guess when I get there I'll have to wear silk/satan more often when I wear my hair down.

Tip: Having a satin bonnet on my headrest and satin scarf tied on my seat in my car seem to be helpful in protecting my hair. One day I'll break out my sewing machine.
laugh.gif

The hair and purse strap thing is a real hair killer. I used always swing my heavy backpack over my right shoulder, and rip out a few strands of hair in the process. Now my right side is noticeably thinner and shorter than the left. Hopefully it will catch up since I've starting wearing my hair up.

Congrats!!! Happy Hair Growing to you too.....can you do me a favor...grow a few inches for me !!!
grin.gif

Can't wait until I can't handle my hair!

Congrats! I'm sure your hair is looking as beautiful as always. After you reach you goal, then what? What are you going to do when it just keeps on going? You know that you're going to have to stick around here and tell us all about it and coach those of us who still have a long way to go! Again congrats to you!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Super_Hero_Girl said:
Congrats! I'm sure your hair is looking as beautiful as always. After you reach you goal, then what? What are you going to do when it just keeps on going? You know that you're going to have to stick around here and tell us all about it and coach those of us who still have a long way to go! Again congrats to you!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question--I have been wondering about "then what" after I reach my goal too. I don't know--guess I'll just enjoy it
smile.gif

Back