1 Hair Care System Challenge

PrettyBrownEyes

I am going to challenge myself to use only 1 haircare system for awhile. I will only use products from one line and see how my hair does. The reason I am doing this challenge is because mixing and matching different shampoos with different conditioners, etc. sometimes leaves me disappointed.

In essence most haircare products are designed to work with the other products in the line for best results and I want to give this a try. Yesterday I used the Design Essentials home maintenance system when I washed my hair and styled it.

I know quite a few people on here are already dedicated to one line. Anyone want to join this challenge of only using products from one system of your choice?

If you do please post and share with us what system you will be using. :)

PrettyBrownEyes said:
I am going to challenge myself to use only 1 haircare system for awhile. I will only use products from one line and see how my hair does. The reason I am doing this challenge is because mixing and matching different shampoos with different conditioners, etc. sometimes leaves me disappointed.

In essence most haircare products are designed to work with the other products in the line for best results and I want to give this a try. Yesterday I used the Design Essentials home maintenance system when I washed my hair and styled it.

I know quite a few people on here are already dedicated to one line. Anyone want to join this challenge of only using products from one system of your choice?

If you do please post and share with us what system you will be using. :)

I am really enjoying my Design Essentials products. I don't know why I ever stopped using them back in the day. The Moisture Retention Shampoo is awesome. It really moisturizes and I see such a difference in my hair after having used it consistently for the last month. But with all that said, the Deep Brilliance leave-in is the bomb! I can't commit to just one girl!

I can't commit to just one either. But, if you change it to only 2 systems then I can join the challenge. I really like Keracare and Design Essentials.

I want to try this too! But after I finish all the other products that I have. I've ordered the Elucence and I'm hoping that it will help stop my PJism dead in its tracks:) .

Okay, that would mean using the same line for everything containing to washing or both washing and styling?

Like I would use NTM creamy poo/ddc.....then for deep cond. Hair Mask, for leave-in Silk Touch. Then for setting, use that foaming pomade they have. Does anyone know if they have a moisturizer?

I'd still have to use my beloved shea though... Hmmm...that's a thought...One month you say?....let me chew on this a minute....

Hey Ladies :wave:

Two product lines will work. We all want to rotate every now and then. :) You can also mix two if that's been working with you throughout your daily, weekly hair regime. Example: You use a shampoo by brand X and use a daily moisturizer by brand z. That's cool, its just for me I was using an assortment and changing like every week so I couldn't actually pin point what was helping or hindering sometimes.

Supergirl thanks for the feedback on the Design Essentials.

I can do 3-4 systems but break them up and use one system one full month, another system for the next and so and so on.

Right now my staple lines will be:

Elucence, Design Essentials, DB and Keracare. These are the lines that I can use everything

I can with stick with one line for clarifying, washing and conditioning, but my styling products vary.

I have fallen in love with:
Kenra Clarifying/Chelating Shampoo (although, I LOVE the CON clarifying shampoo)
Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo or
Kenra Platinum Shampoo for thick/coarse hair
and
Kenra Platinum Reconstuctor for thick/coarse hair as my conditioner.

But, I have so many different styling products I could not stick with just one line for those.

There ain't no way that i can commit to that...my PJism has grown out of control!!! But i will say that early this year, i was using only mizani products and it did whip my hair in shape over like 5 months. but now i'm experimenting so i can find the best of the best product lines and use them.

I havent found one that suits all of my needs my staples are
surge
virgin hair fertalizer
mtg
curl activator the semi liquid and the spray
aphogee

This is a great way to controll pj'ism. I want to join but I have to finish all the products I have, before I settle.

What about same brand but not same line...like...all the products are by L'Oreal...or all the products are by Suave...just...not all the same LINE of their products?

MissB said:
I can join then. I have pretty much narrowed it down to 2 -3 lines. Do we start today?

You can start today or on your next wash day. I started on Monday because I washed my hair and used my new Design Essentials products.

the paul mitchel line works great for me! the only thing that I need outside of the line is a protein conditioner (motions cpr) but maybe paul mitchell super strong might do the trick. :scratchch I may try it in the future but I should just stick with what is working for me now :antlers:

Do u like Keracare? oh actually make it the whole Avlon line! I use Avlon and Mane n Tail as my two, its a good mix for mah hair and good for my sisters n mommas too and shes 4b whereas i'm 3c-4a and my mum is all 3c

Aww. Looks like my shampoo bottle is fuller than I though. I have to wait a while on this one...But, when it runs out, I will be trying this...

PrettyBrownEyes said:
You can start today or on your next wash day. I started on Monday because I washed my hair and used my new Design Essentials products.

Well, today is wash day. So, I will start with Design Essentials also.

I don't use Silk Essentials that often. When I do use it, I mix it with the Botanical Oils and use it on dry hair. I use the Keracare Silken Seal on wet hair.

I washed and conditioned with Design Essentials Shampoo and Conditioner and Leave-In last night. I am also using the finising products (Herbal Complex 4, Nutriment Rx, Reflections Liquid Shine, and Diamonds Oil Sheen). How is everyone else doing with the challenge?

Hi MissB,

Good to see you checking in!

This morning I used the Silk Essentials yesterday I used some of the Herbal Complex 4. I'm still trying to see how I will use these two items in my regime. I wash my hair every 4-7 days.

I'm thinking about using the Herbal Complex 4 as an ends treatment. Yesterday I smoothed some of it onto my hair before I curled it with my steam rollers and it came out very nice. My hair was shiny and soft all day.

Not sure about the Silk Essentials, I think I will either just use it as a finishing product after styling my hair on wash day, and I'll give it a try on wet hair.

My goal is to stick with only Design Essentials for at least a month, then see how that system has done on my hair and either stick with it or try another line. I have a feeling I will stick with it though and maybe every now and then switch up with Keracare. :)

I agree with you MissB....I love Keracare & Design Essentials. I can mix and match these products and get good results. My hair stylist said Design Essentials is most comparable to Keracare. I've been using for over a year now w/ no regrets..:p

msshic said:
I agree with you MissB....I love Keracare & Design Essentials. I can mix and match these products and get good results. My hair stylist said Design Essentials is most comparable to Keracare. I've been using for over a year now w/ no regrets..:p

Welcome to the LHCF!

Back