What is your hair care regimen?
I currently wash my hair two times per week with Elucence Moisture Balancing Shampoo or Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo. After washing I deep condition with either Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner or Keracare Humecto. My leave-in is Joico Integrity Leave-In (wonderful for detangling). These are my favorite products right now.
Sometimes I do a pre-shampoo hot oil treatment with olive oil. When I skip this step, I add a small amount of olive oil to my hair along with the conditioner and sit under the dryer for 20 min. My protein treatments are done with Elucence Extended Repair Treatment or ORS Hair Mayo on an “as needed” basis.
- As a general rule, I do proteins t least once a month.
- My daily hairstyle is a bun.
- Sometimes on the weekends I will let my hair air dry and use Caruso Steam Rollers to get some curls. Recently I’ve been wearing a drawstring ponytail as a protective style (loving it!).
- Moisturizers I like include, Olive Oil, WGO, Dudley’s PCA, and Profectiv Mega Growth. I also like Kiehl’s crème with Silk Groom and Keracare Silken Seal (but I only use these once in a while when I wear my hair down).
- I generally relax my hair every 8 wks, but am currently trying to stretch it out to 12 weeks. Last relaxer used was Elucence Lye.
Currently how long is your hair?
Currently my hair is about 1 in or so away from brastrap. Hopefully when I relax in December, I should be at brastrap, including my trim.
Do you take any supplements, if so what are they?
Recently (1month) I’ve started taking:
- 1000 mg Pantothenic Acid, 1000 mg
- Evening Primrose Oil, 1200 mcg Biotin, and
- 2400 mg MSM.
I will add silica and twinlab amino fuel soon!
What are the things that you feel have helped you the most in achieving and maintaining your hair length?
Deep conditioning 2x weekly, keeping my hair moisturized, and eliminating the blowdryer and curling iron.